Armstrong Warranty Program
This limited warranty only applies to the original purchaser of new Armstrong brand replacement radial tyres from zDegree, which are mounted on passenger cars, vans, and light trucks and have been used on the same vehicle they were originally installed on.
This warranty applies to consumers purchasing and using the tyres in all of UAE.
What Is Covered By The Tuff 360 Warranty?
The Armstrong Tyre Warranty offers the following benefits:
- Workmanship And Materials Warranty
- Mileage Warranty
- Road Hazard Replacement Program
- 30-day Money Back, No Questions Asked
i. Workmanship & Materials Warranty
All Armstrong tyres are warranted against defects in workmanship and material and will be replaced 100% free of charge for the initial warranty period, which is up to 10% of the treadwear. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
After the 100% replacement term expires and the tyre is still within six (6) years from the date of production, credit will be pro-rated towards the purchase of a comparable Armstrong tyre. The credit will be determined by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tyre and the current Armstrong price in effect at the time of adjustment. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
|Type of Warranty
||0% to 10%
||100% Free of cost (FOC) replacement of tire
|10.1% to TWI (Min RTD 1.6 mm)
||Pro Rata adjustment (Ply should not be exposed)
|TWI and above
ii. Mileage Warranty
Most patterns of Armstrong tires from zDegree are covered by a mileage warranty from the point of original purchase (proof of purchase required) even though the actual mileage you may get from your tyres may vary because of driving habits, road conditions & maintenance of your tyres. If a tyre reaches the end of its usable tread life (Min. RTD 1,6mm) before the stated mileage warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable Armstrong tyre on a pro-rated basis. The adjustment cost will be determined by multiplying the percentage of mileage obtained by the current Armstrong price in effect at the time of adjustment. Applicable fees, taxes, and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
To Be Eligible For Armstrong’s Mileage Treadwear Warranty, The Following Conditions Apply:
- The tyres must be rotated every 8.000 to 10.000 kilometers.
- The owner must be the original purchaser of the tyres and have the original copy of the invoice showing the mileage (odometer reading) at installation.
- The original purchaser must be the owner of the vehicle on which the tyres were originally installed.
- The tyres are worn out evenly across the tread, down to the treadwear indicator (1,6mm) at which time they are considered to be 100% worn out.
- The Tyre Rotation Card (included) must be completed by the servicing dealer.
- For vehicles equipped with staggered size fitments (different tyre sizes on the front and rear axles) which cannot be rotated, the mileage warranty for the front or rear tyres will be 50% of the warranted kilometers specified under the standard Armstrong treadwear warranty.
- Tyre pressure has to be on level as suggest by the servicing dealer to ensure the long last of the tyre.
||Mileage Warranty (kilometers)
iii. Road Hazard Replacement Program
TUFF 360 offers a road hazard warranty that protects the consumer against non-repairable damage caused by cuts, punctures, snags, and bruises, or impact damages caused by potholes, curbs or other objects on the road.
This Road Hazard Program is included with new Armstrong BLU-TRAC PC (Passenger Tyres),BLU-TRAC HP (Ultra High Performance Tyres), TRU-TRAC SU (SUV Tyres),TRU-TRAC HT (Highway Terrain Tyres).
A. What Is Road Hazard Damage?
Road hazard damage occurs when a tyre fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
B. What Are The Terms?
This program covers eligible Armstrong tyres for a period of 12 months from the date of sale of the tyres, or usable tread depth is less than 50%, whichever occurs first.
The Terms are as follows:
|Type of Warranty
|Road Hazard Replacement Program
||0% to 50%
||Pro Rate adjustment for 1 year from date of sale (Purchase invoice is must) for Non-Manufacturing defectls
|50.1% and above
This Program covers only the new Armstrong passenger or light truck tyres named above that are (i) purchased by the consumer, from zDegree, and (ii) that are listed clearly on the original invoice, identified by tyre brand, type, size and the part/SKU number(s), (iii) while installed on the vehicle identified by year, make, model, and mileage on the original purchase invoice (“Eligible Armstrong Tyres”).
C. What Are The Limitations?
Tires used for commercial vehicles or commercial purposes are not eligible for customer friendly policy.
Tires with the following defects are not covered in this policy:
- Uneven wear
- Wrong application
- Abuse or intentional damages
- Gaiter damage and repairable nail holes or punctures
- Tires used beyond the 50% o tread wear, repaired, re-grooved or retreaded
- Tires sold as Defective Appearance Tires (DA tires)
- Any other damage caused by buyer's or user's acts or omissions not in conformity with vehicle manufacturer's specifications or instructions.
D. What To Do In Case Of A Road Hazard Claim
In the case of claims related to road hazard, the Authorized Retailer of the eligible Armstrong tyres must contact zDegree for prior authorization and to obtain a claim number. Prior authorization and a claim number must be obtained before replacing the damaged tyre. Tyres being replaced under this program must be surrendered or should be available for inspection, if requested by zDegree.
iv. 30-day Money Back, No Questions Asked
All Armstrong tyres purchased from zDegree may be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund of tyres. Customer will have to complete a short survety. Refund is offered so the customer can exchange for a different available tire brand and the amount difference must be paid by the customer. In case the cost of the new tires is less than what was paid by the customer for the Armstrong tyres, the customer will be given store credit which can be availed for other services at zDegree.
The trial offer applies only to the original purchased set of four tyres. Tyres are not eligible for a refund if:
- Tyres have been used in motorsports activities or competitive events
- Tyres have been transferred from the vehicle on which they were originally installed
- There is a road hazard or injury such as: damage caused by obstacles or debris, cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks.
- There is damage or failure resulting from improper operation or maintenance such as: operating while flat or severely under-inflated, improper application of tyre size and/or specification, improper mounting/ dismounting procedures or tyre/wheel assembly balance; load, speed and inflation practices causing excessive operational temperatures that exceed tyres capabilities, damage caused by tyre repair
- There is damage or failure resulting from: damaged rim or chain damage; wheel alignment or brake problems, mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, negligence, misuse and abusive driving, including but not limited to spinning, racing or accident damage.
- The tyres are worn more than 0.8mm.
What Is Not Covered By The Tuff 360 Warranty?
- Armstrong tyres mounted on Electric Vehicles are not covered.
- Ride disturbances that occur after the first 1mm of treadwear.
- Replacement of three (3) or more tyres from the same vehicle.
- Tyres used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside of UAE
- Tyres worn beyond the treadwear indicators (less than 1,6mm remaining tread)
- The cost of mounting and balancing and applicable taxes and fees.
Tyre damage or irregular wear due to:
- Continued use while run flat or under acute under-inflation.
- Improper repair or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only.
- Improper use or operation, including, but not limited to: over inflation, overloading, contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, tyre chain damage, use for racing or competitions, excessive off-road use, or willful damage or abuse.
- Improper or insufficient maintenance, including, but not limited to: misalignment, wheel imbalance, defective brakes or shock absorbers, improper mounting or demounting, or other vehicle conditions.
- Failure to rotate the tyre at least every 8,000 – 10,000 kilometers.
- Tyres with the DOT identification number removed or rendered illegible.
Tyres that are:
- Installed on any other vehicle other than the vehicle of original installation.
- Acquired as used tyres or purchased by somebody other than you.
- Have been re-treaded, re-capped, re-grooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Tyre alteration of any manner, including, but not limited to: siping, buffing, stud pin holes, or additives.
- Any other damage caused by user’s actions or ommisions not in conformity with vehicle manufacture’s specifications or instructions.
Where To Go For Warranty Replacement?
Visit zDegree Al Quoz branch with your original proof of purchase to claim the warranty.
In Order To Be Eligible For Benefits Offered By The Tuff 360 Warranty, The Consumer Must:
- Present the tyre to zDegree
- Present a copy of the original purchase invoice with the documented automobile mileage at the time of tyre installation and tyre dismounting.
- Present a tyre rotation record showing that all tyres have been rotated at least every 8,000 – 10,000 kilometers (applicable to mileage warranty claims only).
- Pay the amount due on a new Armstrong tyre (if any), including taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services, less the amount of credit
- For claims related to Road Hazard, please see specific instructions stated in section titled “WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF A ROAD HAZARD CLAIM”.
||ROAD HAZARD / ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
||30 DAY TRIAL
It is important that you register your Armstrong tyres promptly upon purchase. Registration is an important safety procedure since it enables the manufacturer to notify you in the event of a product recall. To complete registration, you will need to provide:
- Your contact information.
- The tyre DOT codes located on your tyres.
- Your retailer’s contact information.
Armstrong Tyre makes your safety our top priority. It is essential for you to ensure proper use and maintenance of your tyres to avoid any serious injury. Here are some safety tips we recommend to mitigate your risk of tyre failure:
- Owners must continue to rotate tyres in accordance to their vehicle owner’s manual or every 8,000 – 10,000 kilometers.
- Tyres should be regularly inspected by a qualified tyre professional for any signs of damage.
- Tyres should be mounted only by trained professionals. Follow all instructions in the vehicle owner’s manual or tyre placard in vehicle to avoid under-inflation, overloading and misapplication.
- Use approved rims and wheels only.
- Do not spin tyres on any type of road surface.
- We recommend replacing any tyres that are beyond six (6) years from their date of manufacture. If your vehicle manufacturer has specific recommendations for tyre replacement, you should follow the specific recommendations for that vehicle.
- Always avoid purchasing used tyres. Previous usage may have damaged internal components that may lead to tyre failure.
- We recommend replacing all four tyres at the same time. However, when only two are replaced, the new tyres should be installed on the rear since deeper tread may provide better grip and water evacuation in wet conditions.
- We recommend routine air pressure checks as per your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- Any tyre, no matter how well constructed, may fail in use as a result of damage or misuse. If you experience any vibrations or ride disturbances, or notice a bulge, bump, or any kind of irregularities, we recommend having your tyres evaluated by a qualified tyre servicer immediately.